Saturday, September 4, 2010

Louis Vuitton or Lewis & Clark



Well, I just got back from a wedding (yay Debbie & Trey!!) and since Diva Number One is currently MIA (my mother is very social), I guess I'm on my own for the second post!

Today was pretty eventful!  We got our getaway car early this morning.  We are renting a car so that when I get to college, Mom can fly back home.  Before I could even make it down the front steps, Anne dubbed our new Chevrolet the "Grey Ghost."  For about half an hour, I thought she was calling it the "Grey Goose" which to me, kind of made sense, because geese are kind of vicious and Anne & I are kind of wild!   However, the most important thing is that all of my stuff fit into this car.

I love my father.  Let's be honest, but poor Papa Saint just happened to miss all of the loading.  So Mom and I strategically placed my beautiful belongings into the backseat.

The photo to your upper left is the traditional "trunk view."  The Grey Ghost is living up to expectations so far--I hope Mom can see out the back, considering I will be sleeping the first six hours of tomorrow!

To the right is the view from the driver's seat.  Again, good luck Momma!  The other best thing that happened today was, Mom and I were sitting in the den trying to finalize the route for tomorrow (again, I am such a good navigator/tour guide) so I decided to look up fun things to do on our roadtrip.  I found a Lewis & Clark museum in Idaho and I announced that we could go to the museum, even though I totally wanted to go to the World's Largest Ball of Twine (Anne vetoed that one).  Anne, lost in her own world, thought that I had told her that there was a Louis Vuitton in Idaho and proceeded to become extremely overexcited.  Mike thought that one was hilarious.  I cannot wait to go for two weeks with my diva mother!

Speaking of, Diva Number One just made an appearance so I am going to let her take over now:

Anne: Okay, I have just rolled in from supper with friends. I was NOT missing. Everyone was gone, so I figured I would be, too. Thank goodness the computer works now so I can write before I forget everything.

First, I get to Hertz and find they have given us a Chevrolet, not the Cadillac I was anticipating. All I can think about was that ditty from childhood..."See the USA in your Chevrolet..." Well, we are about to do that very thing. So, I walk up the steps and announce that I have arrived in the Grey Ghost. Here is what Molly then said. "Let's call it the Grey Goose since I'm going to college and this is so appropriate." This is going to be a long, dry trip! Then I'm trying to get on to the blog, and the computer is not working. Then Michael says, "Well, I guess you won't be able to update the Divas Gone Wild in the Wilderness." I knew that didn't sound right.

So, now I am going to bed since we are leaving at 6 a.m. if we can get the last of HER stuff crammed into the back. As of now, we still have three tote bags, two six packs of Diet Coke and a few random hanging clothes.

That's all for tonight, we'll update from the WILD WEST/probably just the midwest tomorrow!
Leave us comments!
xoxo,
Anne & Molly

5 comments:

  1. Can't wait for tomorrows update
    Have y'all thought about going
    to the "Corn Palace" or "Wall Drugs"
    Both are must do's in a strange
    sorta way

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woo hoo! Keep those photos and posts coming! Let us know what the soundtrack of your trip is. Wave as you pass Colorado - I'll be toasting you!! Xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hahahahaha
    I cant wait to read more of this. It just made my day. I miss Miss Molly! You are going to have a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You two are hilarious. I am loving that you are "driving" cross country instead of flying. I wish I could have a video camera in the car to record this monumental event! Safe travels Saint girls & Godspeed!

    ReplyDelete