Friday, September 3, 2010

Counting Down the Days!

In two days, my mother Anne and I will be embarking on an adventure--a roadtrip to take me to college in California!  The anticipation is killing me, mostly because I know that this trip is going to be full of SASS. 

Our journey will begin in Nashville and take us through Nebraska, Wyoming, Montana, Idaho, Washington, Oregon, and northern California.  My mom and I fondly refer to ourselves as "Number Ones", ie. the best travelers in the family.  We are congenial, and we roll with the flow pretty well.  However, two weeks of together time is a lot even for number ones.  I sincerely hope we both make it.  We are so ready to get on the road, but there is still a lot to do before we leave:

1. We have already had to upgrade our car.  Clearly my mother has overpacked again because I am a minimalist and am hardly taking more than a toothbrush.  (I am definitely kidding, but in my defense I am moving so that requires a lot of stuff)

2.We have to say our goodbyes. I have been slowly saying goodbye to everyone for the past couple weeks as my friends have been going to school, but saying goodbye to Dad and Sarah Riley is going to be hard!  However, it's about time to leave.  My friends have been gone to college for a couple weeks, and I have been back to my alma mater (Harpeth Hall!) so many times now that I could probably still be enrolled as a student.  I need to get out of here!


3. We have to finish packing!  We are doing a lot of outdoorsy stuff on our trip.  White water rafting, zip lining, star gazing, etc.  Let's be honest, tent pitching, campfire cooking, and bug spray spraying is a little over the top, we don't want to wear ourselves out with the wilderness girl stuff, and our mutual idea of "camping" includes showers, air conditioning, and room service.  But we still have to select an outdoor girl wardrobe and clearly that is going to take some time.


I think after this post, it will be written by both of us, but Anne says that she, "is too emotionally distraught", ie. (is not mentally prepared for becoming a wilderness girl yet to write tonight).

Anyway, we will update again tomorrow--get excited for a LOT of pictures and more sass than you can handle.  Leave us comments!


xoxo,
anne & molly



5 comments:

  1. I'm HERE!!!

    First one on your new blog! I can't wait to hear about this trip!

    ReplyDelete
  2. finding this blog just made me really happy!! cant wait to read all about this adventure!
    i love the both of you!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it.....I will live the trip through you, and knowing you both so well, with those great sense of humors.., will keep me going....be safe...and watch for bears.....and don't fight over music...that is our biggest road trip fight..love you both

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't know why but the minute I leave my mother's house, she calls me on my cell to see if I'm wearing my seat belt. Since I have misplaced your number remember to WEAR YOUR SEATBELT! Molly, I have a feeling that you have a love for life that your mother has! Go out and conquer the world!!! Prayers are being lifted up for a safe trip!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stop by Memphis and visit Elvis...and pick up your "I was asked to leave Graceland" bumper sticker for the Grey Goose. :-)

    ReplyDelete