Sunday, September 5, 2010

Divas in Distress

Now, I'm not gonna lie, tonight's post is a disappointment. We were in distress before now (more about that later!) but now we are in extra distress because 1. We are staying in a sketchy hotel that was last week a cornfield, but when we went into Omaha to find a better hotel, we pulled up next to a UFO tracker. Not kidding. He had "UFO Tracker Section 600" written on the side of his station wagon and he pulled a replica of a UfO space shuttle behind him. I tried to take a picture, but I was scared he would laser me. True story. Anyway, to add to our distress, we came back to our looking better and better hotel to find that my (Molly's) laptop charger is plugged into my desk at home; so we are improvising tonight. I promise we will add the wonderful photos we took tomorrow!

We are going to borrow the hotel's computer tomorrow so that we can fill you in on the crazy day we had today. Teaser: it involves a state that we did not plan on going to, and my mother said that if we were pioneers she would have eaten me by now. This is my life y'all.

Currently, we are barricaded in out deadbolted room by a chair because of some less than savory characters down the hall and the noxious odor of air freshener that is so strong we are sure that is masking the smell of a dead body. What a fun night we are having!! The good thing is, we think this is about the funniest thing that has ever happened to us. Wish us well and we will update first thing in the morning!

Leave us comments!
Xoxo,
Anne & Molly

7 comments:

  1. Hahaha! I wish somebody was getting this on film!

    And the cornfields aren't really all that bad...

    okay...yeah they are...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Divas, I don't know if I want to send a helicopter, the FBI, or the Omaha Welcome Wagon.....but I definitely want to send a power cord because this is the best reading I've had in years!!!!! Hope you can sleep with one eye open between you. Xoxo, safe travels and turn it up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a new reality show that's part Lost, Survivor, Big Brother and America's Got Talent. Sleep tight and don't let the bed bugs bite...really mean that about bed bugs. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  4. Molls... I miss you already!! HAHAHA

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dear Anne and Molly,
    I'm so excited that you gals are keeping us "BLOGGED"....Happy trails!!! "Now I can't get the little ditty..."See the USA in your Chevrolet" outta my mind... (so funny) ENJOY ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the commentary! You girls are such good writers. And you have such vivid experiences to write about. Imagine "Dayscent of Dead Body" or some other evanescent Air Wick for use in that No-Tell motel. (It ain't The Ritz-Carlton Buckhead, is it girls?) So glad you're headed west and am especially excited about your upcoming rendezvous with my brother Taylor at Big Sky. Be sure to write all about your experiences there. Bon voyage and get there safely. Love, Morris

    ReplyDelete
  7. So glad you have had "Adventure Girl" training!

    ReplyDelete