Friday, September 17, 2010

Divas Say Goodbye


We'll start off with our best and worsts! 

Best Restaurant Meal:
Anne:  Snake River Grille, Jackson Hole
Molly: Purple, Seattle

Best Roadside Attraction:
Anne: UFO Tracker, Omaha
Molly: Multiple animal sightings on our drives

Best Shopping:
Anne: Santana Row, San Jose, CA
Molly: Seattle, WA

Best Hotel:
Anne: The Fairmont, Seattle
Molly: The Fairmont, Seattle

Best Bed:
Anne: The Fairmont, Seattle
Molly: The Valencia, San Jose

Best Pillows:
Anne: The Valencia, San Jose
Molly: My own personal pillow

Friendliest Person:
Anne: Sonny attendant at the Shell station
Molly: Woman from Forks with the “Emmett makes me sparkle” button

Best Wildlife:
Anne: Bears outside our window, Big Sky, Montana
Molly: The bear that almost ate me, Big Sky, Montana

Funniest People Sighting:
Anne: Lobby of the hotel in Spokane, Washington
Molly: The people we saw at the Space Needle in Seattle

Worst Dressed:
Anne: People in the lobby of hotel in Spokane, Washington
Molly: hostess at our Singaporean restaurant.

Best Dressed:
Anne: woman at the Granary Restaurant, Jackson Hole
Molly: woman at the Granary Restaurant, Jackson Hole

Worst Roadside Attraction:
Anne: The wooden carved objects of art all over the Northwest.
Molly: Postage Stamps because they were closed.

Biggest Disappointment:
Anne: Nordstrom Rack
Molly: Old Faithful/the Postage Stamp debacle

Best Bargain:
Anne: Nothing is a bargain when you travel with Diva 2
Molly: Missoni skirt in Nordstrom

Worst Hotel:
Anne: Omaha Holiday Inn Express
Molly: Omaha Holiday Inn Express

Worst Shopping:
Anne: Nordstrom Rack
Molly: I can make anything into good shopping.

Worst Bed:
Anne: Spokane
Molly: The front seat of the Grey Goose

Worst Pillows:
Anne: Spokane
Molly: Spokane

Worst Wildlife:
Anne: The pig farm we passed in Kentucky
Molly: Dead cow on the side of the road.  I’m scarred for life.

Worst Meal:
Anne: Stephanie’s Café, Oregon
Molly: Every Shell from TN to CA; Easy Mac in the Holiday Inn


Anne: Well, I thought today’s blog might be a little sad. FALSE. It was just another day in the life of a Diva—Dive 2’s, I might add. First, while I was at the pool…Oh, let me just say, I had to share the pool today with three men, ALL wearing Speedos. It was not a good way to start the day. Anyway, Diva 2 was still asleep when I got back. But she finally roused herself enough to join me for breakfast. While I wait for her to come downstairs, I sat down at one of this hotel’s outside tables. About 15 seconds later, some pushy man walked up to me and told me he was sitting there. Well, obviously he wasn’t or he would have been there when I sat down. But because of my impeccable breeding and manners, I got up, gave him a big smile, and apologized. The man at the next table heard our conversation and offered me a seat at his table. I hope the first man had a horrible day and felt like an idiot the rest of the day. But I had a lovely conversation with the second man until Molly came. He went to work and we enjoyed our breakfast outside.

Then we came upstairs and she decided to call and find a salon to get her nails done. Amazingly, she found one down the street and made a 1:30 appointment. So…we left the hotel and went to explore before lunch and her appointment. We got no further than Anthropologie. (Michael, don’t read this part.) I reminded her that we had left Nordstrom’s just a few days ago, but she looked at me like I was speaking in tongues. Shop, she did. Then on the next corner was another awful H&M. She went in and came back and announced that the quality was not very good and she didn’t see anything worth buying. Hhmmm…that’s not what she said in Seattle a few days ago when she defended that awful store when she came out with her arms loaded down with purchases.

We had lunch at a Vietnamese restaurant on Santana Row, but Molly could barely eat. She was so unglued about the outfit one of the hostesses was wearing she couldn’t concentrate on her lunch. It really was awful, but it’s been a long time since I’ve seen such a come-apart from Diva 2. Then we got the Diva all divaed-up for tomorrow’s move-in. Now we are waiting for Michael to come in from San Diego so we can meet friends for dinner.

This is an exciting, and sad, time. I will miss Diva 2, but it is time for her to fly. She will have a fun time spreading her Divaness with her new friends here. I will go home and micro-manage Sarah Riley now. I know she has missed me these last two weeks! I know y’all are reading this 11th grade girls! I am always up for a trip for any of you!



Molly: I’m really upset that this is our last blog—I just can’t even talk about it.  I may have to take Anne up on her offer of a South-Florida trip to make fun of the old people over Christmas break just so I can blog with her again.

Today was eventful.  I woke up to someone or something screaming (I think it was perhaps a baby).  Silly me, I thought it was the fire alarm, so I jumped out of bed and called the front desk just to make sure.  After that, I just couldn’t get back to sleep.  So I ended up having breakfast with Diva 1.

After this, we came back into the room so that we could get ready for our day.  We then went down to Santana Row to shop around for a few minutes.  Ok, like a few hours, but what is time when you are in Anthropologie?  Mom and I had a really fun time though.  Then we went to lunch, and I just cannot tell you what this hostess was wearing.  I was unglued.  She was in this long sleeve v-neck sweater and stiletto boots.  In between was this micro-mini.  Im not kidding, I have honestly never seen a skirt that short out in public and it was like glued to her body—like leggings, except a skirt.  I just can’t do it.  She was working there.  It’s just a lot. 

After I was appalled, we went to get my nails done where Minh and Debbie did my nails and asked me if I was homesick yet.  That’s where I basically had a come-apart in the nail salon.  It was bad, but they reassured me that I would have the nicest nails in college.  That’s what a diva likes to hear.

I have also learned that I am in the bay area at the same time the Jonas Brothers have arrived--obviously they are stalking me.  Some people. 

Now we are about to go out to dinner and Dad has delivered my forgotten items.  Not in a mean way SR, but black sweater and black skinny jeans are two very different items.  I don’t know how you got them confused.  The fashion fairy will be visiting you over Thanksgiving.  But this is good, and I am glad to be with momma and popsicle.  I don’t want to say goodbye to them tomorrow, but I really need to unpack and start doing something productive with my life, you know work towards a career.  Although, I could just blog with Anne for the rest of my life.  That would be ideal.  J

Speaking of Diva 1, she is the best mom in the world and I am so glad we took this trip together.  I couldn’t imagine anyone else I could survive with for two weeks in the car—through the good times (the Fairmont) and the bad (the Holiday Inn Omaha).  I will miss her, but I will see her in 63 days and I’m sure that she will send me at least two care packages between now and then (hint, hint!)

Leave us comments!
xoxo,
Anne & Molly

1 comment:

  1. Just fabulous Divas! You two are the bomb, as someone says. I have loved reading every word of your blog. It has been a blast for me too! Obviously I need to get a life. Diva #1 - when you get home we need to do lunch.
    Diva #2 - have the best time of your sweet young life. Experience it all, be safe and study some too. Love you both! XOXO n

    ReplyDelete